Welcome

Hi and welcome to my blog!

I'm a lifestyle and wedding photographer based in the West Midlands, who loves creating contemporary images.

Here you will find everything that's been going on in my world. I'll be posting information about my latest activities and images from recent weddings and shoots.

If you want to view my portfolio and prices, visit my main website @ http://www.liezlcroft.com/.

I would love to hear from you, so do leave a comment and say hello. Oh, and don't forget to tell your friends...

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Happy New Year!!

First and foremost, I just want to take this opportunity to wish everybody a very Happy New Year. My wish for all of you is that 2011 brings you everything you can hope for and maybe even a little bit more ;-).

The last few months have been very busy for me, as October and November was spent photographing lots of families that wanted to give photographs and frames as Christmas presents. (There is still quite a few blog posts to follow from those.)

Then the weeks leading up to Christmas was spent completing all those orders, designing and ordering all the outstanding wedding albums from the summer, and making sure the orders made it to the recipients in time for the big day despite the snow doing it's best to try and prevent it! ;-)

Throwing into the mix, a new corporate client wanting a shoot 2 weeks before Christmas and to have it turned around and delivered by the next week, it turned into an impressive juggling act for a few days.

So, just when everybody went on leave and started to slow down to spend Christmas with family and friends, I started to step up a gear with the preparation for a big wedding show I am attending on the 15/16th January in Coventry (UK Wedding Show).

I designed and built a set (yes, it's a 3x3metre stand - i.e. mini living room), bought all the furniture, designed 3 new albums. Planned and ordered a whole bunch of frames and prints for the walls, revamped my offerings and price lists, wrote a communications plan and sourced some truly fabulous new products.

On New Year's Day I wrote myself a To Do List of things that still needed doing before the show, and I was surprised that it was still as long as my arm and I only had 2 weeks in which to do it all. So slowly but surely I am working my way through it all, and am feeling a very warm glow of achievement everytime I manage to tick something off the list.

So for all my photographer friends - I won't be seeing you at SWPP this year, as the show is unfortunately on the same weekend, and
for all my clients and other friends - business will return back to normal in a little while.

So if I had a glass of bubbly, I would raise it to the wonderful year ahead of us, and all the new opportunities it will bring us... I've only got a cup of tea though, so that will have to do for now ;-)... Here to 2011, may it be fabulous!

(Sneaky Peak from one of the shoots that I still have to blog)

Commercial Photographer London

Midlands Photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment