Welcome

Hi and welcome to my blog!

I'm a lifestyle and wedding photographer based in the West Midlands, who loves creating contemporary images.

Here you will find everything that's been going on in my world. I'll be posting information about my latest activities and images from recent weddings and shoots.

If you want to view my portfolio and prices, visit my main website @ http://www.liezlcroft.com/.

I would love to hear from you, so do leave a comment and say hello. Oh, and don't forget to tell your friends...

Friday 8 January 2010

My Branding Excercise - a new me!!

I promised earlier in the week that I would elaborate on my branding exercise that's been keeping me so busy lately, so here goes.

It started back in October with being introduced to Fiona (in all her glory) on Twitter via a friend of mine. Now I've always seen marketing as one of the weakest areas in my business skills, so I was absolutely ecstatic about "meeting" somebody that obviously was an expert in her field and that could steer me in the right direction.

I've gone into this exercise with no preconceived ideas and was intent on starting with a clean slate. I wanted to be open and honest about my good points as well as my shortcomings and I was willing to take advice and criticism from somebody that could help me and show me how to do it right.

Apparently my colour scheme that I was using with my old logo and website was all wrong - firstly the Pink was too "Spring" and the Grey was just plain BAD!
Did you know that Grey has no positive attributes in itself? I didn't!

During my Brand Consultation, I had to describe and answer loads of questions about my business and goals for my business. This was the information (and a good dose of my personality) on which Fiona and her team then based my New Brand Identity.

It turns out that my business' colour palette should have been more "Summer" for various reasons that I have now mostly forgotton. The only three I can remember are my attention to detail, professionalism and quality.
(I found a short summary on the Summer personality on the in:colour website, if you want to read more)

So without further ado, I present to you my new Logo, colour palette and business card design.

Lifestyle Photographer

Wedding Photographer

There are loads of other things that now go hand in hand with this new identity, most of which are still underway ;-). But as you've seen with the new look for the blog, they will start to appear and form a uniform look and feel over time.

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think, and if you ever need expert advice, I would thoroughly recommend Fiona Humberstone and her team!

Lx

PS: I found all this Colour Psychology Theory quite fascinating and if you want any more information speak to Fiona about the course she and her team did with Bernay Laity.

No comments:

Post a Comment